Now if you or your school is looking to buy multiple copies of picture books so that they can be used in class to support English Language Learning – fabulous. It is such a great help if children, in groups, can work together and get time to discover image and word and slowely learn how to put things together.
I would start small and purchase the following books x 6 ( or 7) depending on class size. The following recommendations are suitable for children in Grp 3-8. Some are more suitable for group 3 and 4 than 8. However, some can also be used with the Kleuters in Group 1&2 for vocabulary, bilingual readings and craft activities.
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt & Oliver Jeffers
- Little Mouse’s Big Book of Fears by Emily Gravett
- Please Mr Panda by Steve Anthony
- Grandad’s Island by Benji Davies
- The Stormwhale by Benji Davies
- Shh! We have a plan by Chris Haughton
- I want my hat back by Jon Klassen
- Wow Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood
- The dot Peter H Reynolds
- Quick Quack Quentin by Kes Gray & Jim Field
If you are interested in purchasing, please email Shirley or Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org