The English Town Library is a new concept. Our first pilot town library can be found in the Cultuurhuis in Doorn / Utrechtse Heuvelrug. I hope more will follow.
- The English Town Libraries will be managed locally but will be actively supported by The Little English Library organisation.
- These libraries will not be based in a school, will be small-scale and access will depend on location.
- Town Libraries will offer a range as activities such as SWAP 20 to local schools, mum & toddler coffee mornings, rhyme time, kids book club… it will be up the local (project) librarian to choose the activities in order to meet the needs of the English speaking and English learning community.
- It will be a free service
- We hope that we can work closely together with the local library (bibliotheek) especially if they offer few to no English children´s books.
If you would like to set up a Town Library in your area or would like more information about The English Town Libary in the Utrechtse Heuvelrug, please email:
or view: http://littletownlibrary.nl/
A cupboard is all you need to start ….